Thursday, July 25, 2013

Relax and Take It Easy

 
My husband had back surgery and is supposed to take it easy...but he's not used to doing nothing, so he's overdoing it.  He's a hard worker!
 
 I should send him this card!
 
Speaking of cards. don't you love the watermark? Wendy made it especially for me, using this, my favorite stamp set. Visit Digital Delights to order your own watermark!
 
 
I made this card for Digital Delights. Visit the blog to see the other amazing samples the DT has made to inspire you! I love vintage, and Wendy has designed a set of gorgeous vintage flowers! I inserted the words from DD's Feel Better Sentiment Set, which is one of the cool things you can do with digital stamps...combine images!
 
 The background paper is from DD's Rich Damask Digital Paper Pack. The neat thing about digi paper is that you can print it out in the size you need...no waste, and no storing a pack of paper somewhere other than your computer! After I printed it out, I cut it with a die at our Card Club here in our community...sorry I don't know what company makes the die.
 
I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils. Using Indigo Blue and Crimson Red, I created a shadow behind the letters.
 
 
The glitter effect was done with Stickles.
 
The black "gems" were made with Enamel Accents by Ranger, in black.
 
 
Ribbon from my stash.
 
The flourish was cut with a die...sorry, I don't know what company made that either...I guess I should take notes at Card Club when I use a die.
 
 
Be sure to visit Delightful Challenges, where you can enter DD's newest challenge.
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges...wish me luck!

Papertake Weekly - Die-ing for a Punch
Shopping Our Stash - I don't need more - Ribbon
Tip Top Tuesday - Spooled item
A Little Bit Crafty - Die-ing for It
Bastel-Traum.ch - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Card and Scrap - lace or ribbon
Ladybug Crafts - Favorite Embellishments - Stickles
Mojo Monday - Sketch 303

 
 
So grab a cup of coffee (or get a refill...mine is cold again!) and relax. Spend some time with Digital Delights. Look around. There's always a sale!
 
Enjoy the Journey,
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Very pretty work Bev :)
    Hugs
    Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
    www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, this is such a lovely and elegant card. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev:)
    Wow this is absolutely beautiful! I love every detail!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Bev
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, your card is lovely...The colors are so soft and beautiful...Wonderful job...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful Bev and those flowers are gorgeous! Yes ... love your new watermark ... it is SO YOU!! Hope hubby heals properly and gives his back the time it needs!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous card Bev and absolutely your hubby should take it 'easier' but I'm the same way...too much to do. :) I love the watermark on your card and I'll go have a look at the blog too. Wonderful use of spooled items as well.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday and sharing your talents with us!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev what a fab card! Love your delicate colouring of the image with the added sparkle! It looks pretty against the mat of damask paper! Your new watermark looks fabulous! Hope your husband has a speedy recovery! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I admire anyone who can combine shades of purple. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bev, this is too pretty, stunning! Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish my hubby was like that. He needs a rocket up his backside to get him going !! Hope your hubby recovers from his surgery soon.
    Thanks for joining in with us for our ‘spooled items’ challenge at Top Tip Tuesday
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Real nice Card, thanks for sharing it with bastel-traum.ch!grz Tom!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper