Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sweet Christmas


Hi! Welcome to my Studio!

I have been having so much fun designing Christmas stamp sets and papers!
Our challenge this time around at Artsystamper Digitals is

Patterned Paper

For my inspiration piece, I decided to use the Poinsettia Pair papers along with the candy cane and sentiment from Sweet Santa. Naturally, the colors of the precolored images match perfectly!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/719271010/poinsettia-pair-digital-stamp-and-paper?ref=shop_home_active_20


I printed out the two papers in black and white backgrounds, along with the candy cane, which I sized large enough to be the main element for the card front. I also printed out a sentiment from Sweet Santa.

Using Tim Holtz' Snowflake Duo Bigz Die, an oldie but goodie, I cut two snowflakes from the white Poinsettia paper. As the background papers are layered, I was able to hide the cuts.

I fussy cut the candy cane, and layered it over the two snowflakes, which are outlined with glitter.
The leaves of the holly are coated with Dimensional Glue from Glitters Galore, the source for all the glitter and embossing powders I used on this card. The glue dries clear. The cane itself is covered with two colors of glitter.

I used and old embossing folder strip to give texture to the sentiment. The edges are also coated in glitter. 

I used black embossing powder to heat emboss the brads, which were originally gold. I love that technique!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
aka Artsystamper












6 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in with us at #josttt010, your card made me instantly want to crack open the Christmas goodies but they'll have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Beverly - I still have not been brave enough to enter the world of digital art yet - but you might just tempt me! Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT010 - hope to see you again next month. Fiona, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL Bev and what a great idea to emboss your printed sentiment panel (I'll have to remember that!). And another awesome idea on how you did your background! WOW! Thanks for all the amazing inspiration! GREAT job as always!! You are SO creative!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beverley, thanks for playing along with us at #JOSTTT010. This is such a gorgeous card, I haven't tried using Digi Stamps yet but it's definitely on my 'to do' list

    ReplyDelete
  5. very fun christmas card. thanks got joining us at JOSTTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Beverley - the background looks great.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper