Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Crafts Galore Encore featuring Vera Lane Studio!


 Happy April!
 Time for a new challenge for February at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog. 

I have the privilege of being on their Design Team.

The theme is always Anything Goes.

Our sponsor for April is Vera Lane Studio. As a prize, they are generously offering two digital sets.
Image may contain: possible text that says 'VERA LANE STUDIO 會'
I was given a digi set to work with and I chose these cute succulents.
After choosing the succulent I wanted to use (not an easy choice!) I removed all of the white space in Gimp, turning it into an overlay. I then added it as a layer on one of my Marble Magic digital papers. 
I then added the sentiment included in the set.
I copied the succulent image and cropped it to only the pot. I also used it as an overlay of one of the papers from my Retro Fun Digital Paper Pack.
Upon printing out the images on a single sheet of cardstock (I sized them to my liking on the one sheet), I cut out the yellow pot, inside the black lines. After inking it with Distress Oxide Ink in Wild Honey, I popped it up with dimensionals and added some bits of black waxed linen as stripes using Beacon Fabric glue. 
I used a Nuvo Glue pen to add some Pear color embossing powder by Sparkle and Sprinkle (now known as Glitters Galore). I also added clear glitter to the flowers. Since the embossing powder sort of got away from me a bit, I used a black Faber Castel .3 black pen to go over the lines in some areas...worked great!

The edges of the images are inked with the same color Distress Oxide ink. The strips of patterned paper and the striped background are from my stash. 
I discovered three polka dot buttons in my stash, perfect for the card! After lacing them with some of the black waxed linen, I attached them with glue dots. 

The final touch was some faux hand drawn stitching around the outer edge. I layered it onto a black 6x6 card base.

That' all for now...enjoy the process!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Gorgeous background and super image xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Beverly. I enjoyed reading how you made this by creating an overlay. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking it is a digital version of paper piecing. The result is very striking! Loving your hints of glitter and polka dot buttons.
    Stay safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I guess it does work for creating paper piecing pieces, and I am curious to try other effects with it. Thanks for your kind words.
      Keep your distance ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Try it on Tuesdays, its a super quote you used as well.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cactus. They are amazing plants, aren't they? And your art is pretty amazing too. Thanks for joining us att Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card...Great colors and awesome design...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper