Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge with Fred She Said!

Hi! Welcome to another card for the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. This month our sponsor is 
Fred She Said. She is giving away a $10 voucher to the winner of this challenge.
I used her Hibiscus floral. First, I turned the image of the flower and a couple of the leaves from the set into overlays, by removing the background in Gimp. I have a
video that shows how to do that on my YouTube channel. After that, I layered the overlay onto one of my background papers from my Tea Room Paper Pack. By manipulating the leaves in Gimp, I was able to change the shape a bit, so they fit nicely around the blossom. I inked them with Distress Oxide Inks, around the edges especially. I also colored over the background paper with Prismacolor Premier Pencils, blending them with the Prismacolor Blending Pen.

The background paper is from my stash...pretty old. Guess you could call it vintage? The paradise die cut is from a Tim Holtz set. I used a couple of papers again from my stash, to layer the card. The print in the back is not part of the card, but the cover on my Surface...looks good though, right?

Finally, I added some glitter to the center of the card from Glitter Galore. The black Nuvo Drops finish the card.
I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Be sure to visit Crafts Galore Encore to enter this challenge, and to see the other amazing projects by our talented Design Team!

That's all for now...
Stay safe and well,

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card Bev and a prettily coloured flower xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about Summertime!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured flower -the image on your surface does look good lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper