Friday, April 12, 2019

Watercolor Background and Embossing Powder Painting



Hello and Welcome to My Studio!

As my name is Artsystamper,  I do have a tendency to get pretty artsy with my cards sometimes.

This is an example of that. The vivid colors in the background just burst with the addition of embossing powder painting.


I used Aqua Flow Markers by Nuvo to do the first layer of colors, after I stamped with Versamark ink and a gorgeous stamp set called, Lovely Magnolia. I then "painted" with Stampendous embossing ink. I poured Amethyst, Red Apple, Venus Violet, and Antiquities Embossing Powders by Sparkle N Sprinkle, and heat set them one color at a time.

I sponged the edges of the card with Versafine Clair ink, using a Jumbo Dauber. I also inked the edges of the torn vellum layer with the ink. 

In the video I also show how to create the sentiment, using the Aqua Flow Markers to create a watercolor background that I cut with the "love" die, by Tonic Studios.



All of the products mentioned are available in the Sparkle N Sprinkle store.


I will be adding the video when it comes out on Monday on the Sparkle N Sprinkle YouTube Channel, so stay tuned.

 I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Have fun,








































































































4 comments:

  1. YAY so glad you've come to join us Bev! Always good to see your smiling face! LOL Your card is BEAUTIFUL and this is a technique I haven't used in a very long time ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Watercolor’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors here, they are just luscious. Beautiful design as well. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Water Color Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Your card is just amazing. The background you created is stunning. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the technique used, beautiful colours and design. Thank you for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper