Friday, May 1, 2020

Botanical Blooms with Gecko Galz

Hello! And welcome to another Gecko Galz Design Team creation!
The May customer challenge at the Gecko Galz blog is Vintage Botanicals.
I really enjoy using GG designs. I use them in collages, cards, and other crafts.

For this card, I decided to make it resemble a picture on an old wall. I used to do this all the time, so it was like old home week for me!

Here is what I used from Gecko Galz to create this card...
I used one of the background papers for the base of the "framed art". Then I digitally layered a lovely lady onto the background from the 


Another digital was also layered onto the background from the 
I decided to print out the same image, only larger, and cut one of the flowers out. 
After that, I framed the "picture" with a gold frame, using frame 39 from the Been Framed Craft Kit.
 (I printed out a second frame, to layer over the picture frame with dimensionals.) 


After inking all the edges of the frames, I layered the "art piece" onto a background created with a tea stained "plaster wall" and a piece of digital paper from my shop, ripping and inking it to look like old wallpaper.
The framed art was "hung" on the "wall" at an angle to add to the vintage feel...like it has been hanging there for ages...Forgotten.
I layered that second frame and the large flower onto the piece, lining up the frames, and using dimensionals.
Finally, the edges of the entire card are inked and distressed with the blade of my scissors.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Be sure to join our  Challenge where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz Etsy shop.

You only need to use one product from Gedko Galz...a freebie or, you can buy great values at the Etsy shop. 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented Design Team.
We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize...come join in the fun!

Hugs,




2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project, Beverly! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an amazing design and LOVE the flowers! The positioning is just perfect and that frame is awesome! Fabulous dimension! You are SO DANG artistic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper