Saturday, August 1, 2020

Sweet Love with Gecko Galz


Hello everyone! It's time for another Gecko Galz Monthly Challenge. The theme this August is
Summer Love
I am using a few different Gecko Galz products for this card.
Garden Child Digital Collage Sheet image 0
Flower Power Digital ATC Collection image 0
Curiosity Shop Digital Craft Kit image 0
and finally,
Charming Words collage set image 0


I fussy cut a bit of the children image, and layered it over the scripted doily. I always love to ink the edges of the pieces with Distress Ink. I usually stick to earth tones for vintage pieces. I think I used Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide this time. I keep the Oxides in a vintage box on my desk, while the regular Distress Inks are in an old metal drawer unit across the room, so the Oxides get used more...can't keep everything on my desk! I also added a bit of alcohol marker around the edges of the images to add depth.

The final addition is an organdy ribbon bow that I "aged" with my heat tool. I just LOVE the effect it gives to the ribbon. I use Beacon Fabric glue to hole the folds of my ribbon down before I melt it.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Be sure to visit the Gecko Galz Blog to see more inspiration for using these products and more.
Freebies all the time! 

Enjoy your creative journey,

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Thanks for the helpful tips! Love these adorable vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dar,
      I just love vintage, and children images are so sweetly illustrated. Thanks for your kind words, my dear friend.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper