Sunday, January 5, 2014

More Fun With Alcohol Inks

I thought I would share the painting I did when I took a class from a member of our Art Group here in my community.
 
I am becoming obsessed with this medium!
 
The inks are by two manufacturers...Ranger Alcohol Inks...Tim Holtz
 and Piñata brand.
 
This painting was done on Yupo Paper, which is a kind of plastic paper. It's non-porous, which works great with alcohol inks.
 
I love the fact that I can use the inks in my card making as well. I am offering a class in my community to card makers, using techniques associated with the craft.
 
I learned so much in the class I took...more art than artsy.
 
We used toothpicks, cotton swabs, cardboard, felt, paintbrushes...to move the ink around.
 
The tiny dots are created by spritzing alcohol onto the inks.
 
So cool!
 
I am entering this project into the following challenges
Open Minded Crafting Fun - New Toy or Technique (alcohol ink on Yupo)
Anything But a Card Challenge #31 - Balance (my painting has balance and unity)
Challenges 4 Everybody #37 - Anything Goes


Try something new this new year...and have some FUN!
 


12 comments:

  1. And another one!!! Yupo paper.. never heard of that!! I love it!!! This is beautiful too!!! And thank you again for joining us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yupo Paper??? Will be checking this out Bev. I totally love the life and colour of your piece! Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful use of colours so vibrant love it, thanks for joining OPCF challenge & good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantasti creation. Very colourful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Totally Papercrafts.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT member
    xxxxx
    .

    Hugs
    Cathy DT member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, what a WORK OF ART, love all the colours here, I am another, who has never heard of Yupo paper, thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! What a fab technique, such a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting is just lovely! The colors so pure and vibrant! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for our 'Balance Challenge'! Becky (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gorgeous scene you have created! how very creative of you! Love the colors you have used for it!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am becoming a fan of the gorgeous artworks some are making with alcohol inks. Your work is inspiring me and prompting me to have a go. I feel it may become quite addictive! Love this technique... also loved the card you did on vellum. Thank you for playing at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work with your alcohol inks Bev - such an inspirational piece. Thanks for joining us at ABAC for our Balance challenge - and apologies for the very late commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the colours - they shout out to be looked at and admired! Wonderfully creative.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card for our Balance Challenge. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper