Sunday, January 5, 2014

Playing with Alcohol Inks

After learning a bit about Alcohol Inks at a recent meeting of our Art Group here in my community, I decided to dedicate some time to learning how to incorporate them into my card making.
 
In actuality, alcohol inks have their roots in paper crafting.  Artists have picked up the habit, and are having a very creative time of it.
 
This card is done with alcohol ink on vellum.
I used a stamp from Hero Arts over the inks, and embossed with black.
 
 
The frame is a die cut, which I cut out of kraft, and coated with Perfect Pearls.
The banner is a die cut from Tim Holtz...tattered banners.
 
 
The sentiment is CTMH. Background paper from Michaels.
I distressed all the edges with Distress Ink.
 
 
I am entering this card in the following Challenges...
 
Open Minded Crafting Fun - New Toy or Technique (alcohol ink on vellum)
Sugar Creek Hollow - Something New (alcohol ink)
A Creative Romance -Something New (alcohol ink)
Shelly's Images -Out with the old, in with the New (alcohol inks)
The House That Stamps Built - New to You (alcohol Inks)
 
Enjoy the Journey,
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Just GORGEOUS my friend! I LOVE my alcohol inks but haven't dabbled with them for some time now! Thanks for the inspiration to blow the dust off of them and create something!!
    I am so glad you decided to join in on our "January – Out with the Old, In with the New" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images Store
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely, Bev; it looks like stained glass! Kudos for trying a new technique and sharing it with us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bev!! This is stunning .. I LOVE the black embossing and the alcohol ink on the vellum.. Wow!!! WONDERFUL!!!! I just love it!! So beautiful!! So glad you joined us for our first challenge at Open-Minded!! THANK YOU!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring with your alcohol inks, lovely card! So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible. I think I'll have to try it. Thank you for participating in the Open-Minded Craftin Fun challenge. Hope you will join us next time. Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful rich colours. Thank you for sharing your card with us at SCH.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW totally love the background you have created with the inks!!! Love the way you have added a stamp and embossing afterwards! Will have to remember to try that out!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper