Monday, August 26, 2019

Garden Asters with Carole

Hello! 
Happy Monday!

Today I have two cards to share and both feature the beautiful Aster Garden digital stamp set.

My first card has a mixed media background and is hand coloured. Here it is:

 

Aren't these asters gorgeous!  I printed out several and coloured them with Copic markers, adding some white Posca paint dots to the centres. I fussy cut the flowers and put them to one side whilst I made the background.
The background is 12.5 x 12.5 cm 300 gsm card. I used a brayer to apply Distress Oxide inks in Twisted Citron and Wilted Violet, concentrating the violet around the edges. I used a stencil to add some white circles and dots with watered down acrylic paint and a stamp to add touches of Black Soot grungy marks. Next I added white paint splatters using a Posca pen. I blended Wilted Violet ink around the background's edges, then used archival ink in black to add a little more definition.



 I decided to add some ribbon along the bottom edge and found this purple organza ribbon and green satin ribbon in my stash. I knotted a piece of the purple ribbon as attached to the band.
The sentiment is one of four that comes in the digital stamp set and I opted to die cut it with a stitched rectangle die. I inked lightly around the edges in archival black ink and popped the sentiment on foam for dimension.
I arranged two of the flowers, shaping them with a stylus and adding foam to the centres. The stems were glued directly onto the background



To finish, I matted the background onto violet card and then green card and placed all onto a 14.5 cm square card base.

***
My second card uses the pre-coloured yellow aster from the Aster Garden set along with the yellow taxi paper from Bev's Retro Fun Papers



I printed the paper to fit an A6 card and printed the yellow aster three times. I die cut one of the aster's using a torn rectangle die. Leaving the die in place, I inked the background lightly using Scattered Staw Distress Ink, concentrating the colour around the edges of the die cut. By leaving the die in place you get a crisp white border to the image mat. I also die cut a piece of black card upon which to mat the image.
As you may know, I'm not keen on one dimensional cards when I use pre-coloured images. I always have to make my own mark on them, so this time I opted to cut petals from the other two asters and layer them up. I inked the edges of the fussy cut petals with Scattered Straw and layered them with foam pads.

 

 Before I assembled the card, I inked the edges of the yellow paper with Scattered Straw, then it was just a case of matting the paper on black card, adding the matted image on foam tape and adhering the sentiment band which I also inked.
I decided to add a few Posca paint dots to the image background.

Here are the TheArtsystamperShop products I used:


Aster Garden           Retro Fun Papers


    
***
That's all for today! 

Please check out:

Thank you for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper